Money to burn

Last night I watched Forbes list of the 20 richest people under 25. It was sickening.Ok , fine I was green with envy. I was literally sitting there watching the show with my mouth open. I mean one boy owned about 34 cars.....seriously, thats just wrong.

Suprisingly the top 4 people on the list were athletes. Topping the list was basketball player LeBron James, who is only 22. He earned a staggering 23 million dollars between 2006 - 2007. Most of his fortune comes from endorsements.

Its pretty hard for me to imagine having that kind of money at any age. I think when you get to the point where you are earning that much money you really can have anything you want. Its interesting to see how people with that much money choose to spend it. Some people spend it all on material items for themselves and their loved ones, while other people try to make the world better.

One person who really tries to use her money for good is Oprah. She earns so much money now that she gives everyone in her audience a free car or something cool everytime she feels like it. Even with all her gift giving Oprah still gets richer by the hour. Shes not the only one getting rich off her fame though, she also helps other people get rich. Just by being on her show people start to earn more money and sometimes even get their own shows (Yes, Dr. Phil, Im talking about you). Oprah has everything a person could ever want , but she seems grounded and tries to put her money to good use by helping people less fortunate than herself. Suprisingly she has never gone all "Jolie" on us by adopting lots of "3rd world" children.

Watching forbes last night made me think that i really need to sit down and pen that bestselling novel that i know must be hiding somewhere inside me (come out , come out wherever you are). Maybe then i can make it onto Oprahs book club list and be set for life.....
But until that happens I will just have to work harder, pray, dream bigger and maybe buy a few lottery tickets (just covering all my bases)

:)

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work". ~Robert Orben

"There are people who have money and people who are rich." ~Coco Chanel

1 comment

  1. I believe that in the current world ecomomic climate it is possible for Anyone to make it big...given enough drive, determination and a few lucky breaks...

    All you gotta do is push for it.

    Oh, and please come see the new blog:
    http://thepaintedguitar.wordpress.com

    We have decided to move on to somewhat greener pastures :).

    SS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....