My tuna recipe

I am not a brillaint cook yet. I am still very much a domestic goddess "in-training". At the moment I am trying to improve on my over used boring recipes and learning to make some new yummy dishes to impress The Boyf.

Today i shall share my tuna pasta. If you are looking for a recipe that is relatively cheap and easy - Try it (let me know what you think):

What you will need:

- 2 x cans of chunk tuna (preferably in water)
- 1 x can of mushroom soup (condensed) or mushroom pasta sauce
- fresh white mushrooms (I would say I add about 10, but you can use more or less)
- 1 x big onion
- 1 x packet pasta (i like shell pasta)
- Cheese (i like cheddar)
- Salt
- Pepper
- Garlic and herb seasoning
- May need a little Milk (depending on sauce/soup you use)
- White wine (i like chardonnay) - to drink with dinner - you can also use a bit in sauce

Making it:

* Dice up onion and slice up mushrooms.
*Put olive oil in a pan and heat. Once oil is heated add onions. Cook onions until almost about to brown and then add mushrooms. Cook onions and mushrooms until browned on high heat.
* Add 2 cans of drained tuna and cook for a minute on med heat.
* Add condensed mushroom soup/sauce and stir constantly on medium heat.
**NOTE: if soup/sauce is too thick just add some milk until you get the right consistency
* Add a little white wine now, if you want to (just a tiny pour). Increase heat. Stir sauce until just boiling. Once boiling take sauce off heat.
* Add salt and pepper, garlic & herb spice (if you want). Stir everything together. Place back on cooled oven and allow to simmer on very low heat.
* Cook pasta (in boiling water, with pinch of salt until soft)
* Once pasta is cooked, drain pasta. Then place pasta in a bowl/plate and put some tuna sauce over it.
* Grate cheese over pasta & sauce....and TA DAAAA...you hopefully have yummy looking tuna pasta

Eat and enjoy with a glass or two of white wine ;-)

No comments

Leave me a comment....