Some of the highs and lows of my trip to Dubai:
*Going across the Dubai Creek in a "Abra" (This is what the locals call the tiny boats that ferry you across -see picture above)
* Shopping at the Souks (AKA bazaars or markets)
* Learning that i am very good at haggling over prices. You may call me "The Negotiator"
* Actually handling the insane humidity. I am so much more hardcore than i thought ;-)
* Having hundreds of movies to choose from on the Emirates flights. Such a great airline.
* Finding the best swimsuit and buying it. Its a tiny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.I kid you not.
* The spacious apartment we got to stay in for the first three nights.
* Smoking a mint & grape Sheesha (AKA Hubbly bubbly) at a gorgeous Arabic restaurant.
* Desert dune bashing in a 4 x 4. whoohooo...no dune was big enough.
* Getting a Henna tattoo during the desert dinner - I want to paint my body with Henna more often.
* Sharing all the new sights, sounds and experiences with The Boyf. He was a great travel companion. Lows -
* The very small hotel room we got for the last 2 nights and if the size wasnt bad enough, it looked out on a graveyard. Weird.
* Being sweaty and red faced 90% of the time. Its not my best look.
* Eating "Marry Brown" (not a spelling mistake) fast food. Dont do it...ever! yuck.
* Realising I will never have a really good hair day in the crazy humid heat.
* Not being able to get close enough to the Burj Al Arab (the worlds only 7 star hotel)
* The organised city tour. Tour groups freak me out.
* Flying. Why couldnt I just be beamed to other countries. Scotty? Why?
* The shopping malls - a mall is a mall....I found the malls very boring and the shops much too expensive.
* Not being able to buy everything awesome I saw :) If I were a rich man..dee deee dee dee.
* Only having 4 full days in Dubai. I definitely wanted a few more days.
* Sore feet. Hours of walking didnt make my feet happy.
All in all it was a really good trip with plenty of great memories and lots more highs than lows. I would like to go back to Dubai one day to see some more things.