Monday, 13 October 2008
A change would do you good
Lately i have found myself feeling a bit dull, anxious, bleugh and generally unenthusiastic...So i decided i really need to make a few changes - They say a change is as good as a holiday. So i plan to see if thats true.
Here are some changes I want to make (I do like making lists, dont I?):
1. Less junk food, sugar and fatty foods - this means alot more green food and alot more water. It wont be easy, but my body will thank me for it later :)
2. Do more outdoor activies - I must start doing more stuff outdoors. Even if its just taking a walk or sitting on the beach once a week.
3. Lose some of the "winter wobble" - When its winter most of us tend to comfort eat and eat to keep warm (or at least thats what we say). I think i picked up just a tiny bit over the chilly season, but best to get rid of it before it gets out of hand.
4. Be more spontaneous - I have become an over organiser. If its unplanned and comes at me at the last minute it makes me nervous. I need to begin to embrace the spontaneous and just get dressed and go sometimes :)
5. Clear all the house clutter - oh yes, its time for a big clean. I will conquer the chaos (and I'll probably find a few missing items while i am at it)
6. Enjoy harmony - Ive always been a bit of conflict junkie (though i didnt like to admit to it). I grew up in a house where people didnt back down too easily and engaging in conflict wasnt seen as a weakness. As i have gotten older, and moved away from "conflict zones" (some which i created), I find that all I want now is more harmony. I want to learn to speak without anger and try end any arguement before it really starts.
7. Stop sweating the small stuff- I think it seems so easy to say but not so easy to do. IF its something little and not actually a crisis its best to just remain calm and let it go. Like if a guy cuts you off in traffic, just breathe and smile. Its just traffic. Its nothing important.
8. Give space and get space - I love spending lots of time with The Boyf, but i need to give him a bit more space and take a little more space for myself.
9. Connect more - with God, my good friends and my family - not just a "howdy" every now and then, but a long conversation with meaning and often.
10. Be more lovable - (sounds cheesy I know) Sometimes i dont think I make myself very lovable. Maybe its sometimes a silly thought telling me i am unworthy of it or just because i can be stupidly stubborn. I believe that in order to love and be loved you need to take down your "walls". Noone will love you if they cant really see you - and you cant really love them if you keep them at a distance ;)
11. Be more disciplined - Actually stick to my new diet plan (number 1) and be disciplined enough to save some money every month instead of just spending it all.