Monday, 5 October 2009

My lunch bag and caramel streaks

Yesterday The Boyf bought me a cute "Gourmet getaway" lunch bag that I had been eyeing for a while (picture above).

This cool bag is made by Built and French bull (Click HERE to see more of their stuff). The bag is made of wetsuit type material and the inside is bright pink. I know this bag is meant to be for carrying and keeping lunch cool, but its so cute i am thinking it may be a nice little handbag too :)
>
*Note: if you live in Cape Town you can buy some of Built and French Bull's stuff from a Wellness Warehouse store.
<
On Saturday I went to the hair salon to get some streaks. After much thought I decided to go for caramel colour streaks.

My awesome hairdresser agreed we should start slowly and just do the top with streaks and not go too light with the colour (as I had really dark hair). First he highlighted some streaks until they turned a yellowish blonde, then he toned them down with a pretty caramel colour. He has told me that the streaks will probably lighten a bit in the weeks to come. I am happy with the result and think I will do a few more lighter streaks in a few months.

*Note: My hair photo (above left) is not brilliant, but i hope it gives you a basic idea of what my hair looks like now :)

You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. Oh that bag is super cute! Did he buy it online? Or in a shop? (I am window shopping on the website. lol)

    Your hair also looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been desiring a Built laptop bag for months... Pretty pricey though. Your streaks look great! Mine always go orange as soon as we try to lighten it, yuck. Guess I'm doomed to darkness forever! Lunch will be damn tasty coming out of that bag: enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is so cute! There is no point in me having one though cause i eat and work at home :P lol
    Your streaks came out fab! My hair is a mess wish i could do something with it :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty pretty! I must go to Wellness Warehouse this weekend - can't wait to be in Cape Town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most awesome lunch bag ever! Definitely worth the effort of actually making lunch to take to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair looks fabulous. am very jealous.
    and the bag. as much as I love food, i think you should rather use it for the beach or picnics. it's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do they not have wellness centres in the rest of SA? Or can you only find this bag in the CT branches?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute bag and the highlight looks pretty and natural!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sid - There are only 2 Wellness Warehouse stores in Cape Town at the moment, But you can shop online at www.wellnesswarehouse.com too.

    Also, overseas people can buy the Built and French Bull stuff on their website (link is in my post)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag is lovely!

    And the hair looks great!

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could totally rock that bag as a small purse in some situations. Also, your hair looks excellent! Caramel was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the hair is so sweet (as in slang... like cool)- when you're reading it sounds funny.

    Your wallpaper is SO cute... those flowers are ca-ute!

    The bag is sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hair colour is great! Love the delicate colour which has lightened without being obvious. Great hairdresser. Hope you're weekend was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a cute lunch bag! I can't say I've ever seen one like it. It takes the functional aspects away and leaves some charm in the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Success all around, I'd say! Cute new "lunch" bag, and awesome streaks! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! It's on my I Want This list :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so gorgeous, i love the outcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh, very pretty! maybe when my hair gets really long i'll follow suite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bag is sooo cute!!! Your hair? SUPER FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love your lunchbag!

    and your streaks are subtle and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, a successful weekend ... hot hair and fab bag.

    It doesnt get much better....!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh very cool! Love that bag, it's so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I heart the bag!! I think i definitely need one ... although i did just buy myself a Doreen Mashika bag in Zanzibar ... hmmm. How many bags is too many ;) Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  25. that lunch bag is divine!! i WANT one!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment - you know you want to ;)