Book club update

Ok, darlings I know i didn't blog yesterday but I have a great excuse... I was book hunting and I was also trying to start the "Being Brazen Books" blog.

Since quite a few of you seemed keen, I think I will try out this book club idea and see how it develops. good? wonderful. I am hoping the book blog will be done by the end of January.

I have been doing some extra thinking on the whole idea and Here's what Ive decided so far...
>
THE BOOK CLUB GUIDELINES:
* Every TWO months I will pick a list of books (4 to 6) - I will consider recommendations for books from anyone.
* Then, you can pick one or a couple to read from the book list
* you have TWO months to finish it/them - if you want to read along (Sometimes im a distracted reader, so i need time)
* Then you may submit a review of what you read, if you want (the best reviews will make it onto blog, if there are alot)
* IF you don't like any of the books on the list you can read anything you like, But then you have to e-mail me a short review of what you read (whenever you finish your book) Deal?
>
If you have recommendations for future book lists, please e-mail me at beingbrazenbooks@gmail.com

17 comments

  1. Deal! I join.
    I wiil think about some recommendations and I will email you.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join

    I recommend

    Gandhu , my life and my experiences with the true

    The translation for portuguese is this one, but i don´t know if the title in English is this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I like that we'd have two months to read the book. Because sometimes I'm a distracted reader too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited for this!! thank you for putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of allowing two months! I am a distracted reader too! I can't wait to see the list of books you select!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh I love book clubs! I'll join!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this is such a great idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice! I'll try my best but as you say... easily distracted reader. Haha! I definitely recommend Dan Brown and Kathy Reighs! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder. It's fantastic and a great insight into Haiti which we could all use now after the devastating earthquake. This book club is a wonderful idea, I can't wait to follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha. More likely to review a book of my own choosing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great idea to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    Found you via Mel.

    My sister and i run The Book Club Blog http://thebookclubblog.co.za and thought you may be interested. We have managed to interview quite a few authors, plus have had lots of book reviews submitted by bloggers.

    Have a squizz and see what you think.

    Shayne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Assuming it's not all chick lit (not that there is anything wrong with chick lit), I'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Book blog is now up at: http://www.beingbrazenbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....