Movie Moment

Vivian: You're late.
Edward Lewis: You're stunning.
Vivian: You're forgiven.

Unless you've been living under a rock since the 90's, you have probably seen Pretty Woman a few times and love it...and whats not to love? Its the classic cinderella story all over again (well, if cinderella had briefly turned to street walking)  - There is a rich man, a gorgeous girl who is down on her luck, they meet, she gets a makeover, they fall madly inlove, and live happily ever after  *le sigh*

I have quite a few favourite scenes in the film, but I always enjoy the scene where Vivian (Julia) goes back to the mean shop assistants and makes them feel stupid for not helping her.

This week Pretty Woman celebrated its 20 year anniversary. It was first released on 23 March, 1990.

What is your favourite scene in this film?

19 comments

  1. Edward Lewis: So what happens after he climbs up and rescues her?
    Vivian: She rescues him right back.


    dont know why but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those movies that always puts smile on my face... Yes, it's cheesy, but who cares! I love the second shop scene, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe it is 20 years. I love the teethflossing scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen that movie sooo many times. I love the singing bath scene :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has to be the restaurant scene....and the escargot. :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that movie! I feel old now.. has it really been that long? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favourite movies of all time...so many good moments, but I do like the polo scene where everyone else is stuck up and formal and Viv does a "Whoop whoop!" arm roll cheer. Also love the dress she's wearing in that scene (brown polka dot)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hah hah I'm the opposite, love the film but always cringe during that scene where she goes "big mistake - huge..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to watch this again. Nothing like a movie that glamorizes prostitution. I really do love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lOVE it!

    confession: i just saw this for the first time this year...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the end. I will always have a crush on Richard Gere becuz of this film.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the scene in the elevator: well, color me happy there’s a sofa in here for two.
    and when she unveils her beautiful hair.
    great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed the movie but I never accepted the 'pretty woman' part. I can't get over that (in my mind) she looks (and laughs) like a horse.

    Sorry! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate this morning. That is all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this scene too and I like it when he snaps the box and she gets a frights and laughs. I believe she wasn't really a lady of the night or not for long. I am sticking to my story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great piece of dialogue from Pretty Woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you seen Valentine's Day? Right at the end in the credits, Julia Roberts says that line, "Big mistake. Huge."

    I loved that reference.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....