Thursday, 17 June 2010

Yesterday and a winter detox

Because yesterday was a public holiday (Youth Day) here and I was feeling a bit under the weather, I decided to just chill out. I avoided my computer (hence no posts yesterday), lay around the house in my pajamas, drank copious amounts of tea, watched some TV and tried to stay warm. It was a nice day (Though, it would have been alot nicer if South Africa had not lost to Uruguay in the soccer last night).

While I really do enjoy the winter months (really, I do), I will openly admit that the lack of sun and warmth often sends me straight to my fridge seeking "comfort", it also encourages me to try bake or buy decadent and chocolate covered things (like these brownies) and always seems to convince me that gym is an absolutely terrible idea *grins*.  Anyways, since I have been overindulging alot lately, The Boyf and I have decided to go on a bit of a detox diet to get us back on a healthier path (I'm not sure which one we are going to try, but i will keep you posted).

How have you been?

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ah, I am totally feeling a bit of the Winter blues right now. It's so inhibiting sometimes.. I agree, its so much harder to get out there to do exercise (I just feel like hibernating under the duvet covers!).

    Ah, that soccer was horrible last night!!!

    Gosh, I clicked on that Brownie link, those look way decadent.. hehe
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you lady, this weather is so discouraging about a healthy lifestyle. Did some baking myself yesterday, chocolate covered oatmeal cookies. Was yummy indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok seriously that link to the brownies was pure evil! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hear ya about winter. I do like the wind down from summer. Brownies rule but yeah healthier lifestyles are best! Good luck with the detox, everyone deserves a day to just relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate winter because I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. Pretty sad for someone who lives in So. California. lol!

    It's supposed to be 88 degrees here today and that's right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how anyone can diet in winter. Good luck in any event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your desires, however I'm not sure if Winter is the best time to detox. Just eat the brownies and think about it all again in Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with you, for me Winter = indulging in comfort food which can be slightly dangerous! I think a detox is definitely in order for me too but the question is... can I do it?!;)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment - you know you want to ;)