Today,Cape Town blogger, Cal(from Fable Fairy) will be sharing a few things from her bucket list - Enjoy...
Thank-goodness some of things that were on my list have been ticked off: marry the man of my dreams; spontaneously meet a dolphin in the ocean; Have a baby (or 2), but of course there is always more.
1. Though I have been practicing yoga weekly for ten years, I still cannot do the pose “downward facing dog” perfectly with flat feet. I’d love to perfect that.
2. Though I have started a herb garden, I’d love to grow all my own vegetables and learn to cook a s well as the Doc.
3. Take my Silverback bicycle(with my one little girl on the seat behind me and the other riding alongside me) on the open road
4. Honor the past of my grandmother by visiting the east German town where my grandparent’s families lived pre Nazi Germany and meet the minister who researched their story and erected a statue for them - a symbol of the town’s apology for not being able to save them from the Nazis. (This is a picture of her in her swimsuit leaning against a tree before that all happened)
5. Finish a jewellery making course I stared in London and make the pieces I dream for Fablefairy; Do a pattern making course and sew more.
6. Honor the difficult journey I had to fall pregnant (due to having endometriosis) by organizing a training course for counselors so everybody has up to date facts about science, ethics (etc).
7. Dye my longish curly hair either Vivienne Westwood red or a lighter shade of red
8. Own a Missibaba bag
9. Help get every young person in this country, whatever their race to understand they ARE at risk for HIV and need to use protection.
10. Help get EVERY young girl from the age of 10 - 26 to be vaccinated against HPV which causes cervical cancer – the biggest killer of SA women. IT’S THE ONE CANCER THAT CAN BE PREVENTED with a vaccine, but many women don’t know that and haven’t had it yet.
11. Try to have it all –love, family, creativity, friends, work and balance- and to teach my girls how
Note: "On my bucket list..." is a weekly series. Each week a fabulous blogger will share a few things from their bucket list. To read other bucket lists, goHERE