10 things I learnt this weekend

1. Seeing Imogen Heap live was even more awesome than I thought it would be
2. Paul Cluver wine estate has a stunning venue for concerts
3. Once in a while its ok to behave like an obsessed fan and to ask to get an autograph (see my autographed CD over here)
4.  D-Seven is a fabulous Cape Town based acapella group (see website here)
5. Sometimes trying to capture the moment on camera can steal the moment
6. Babies are wonderful, but I'm not at a stage where I get broody being around them
7. I really want a chocolate fountain  ;)
8.  Pick 'n Pay clothing has cute, slightly blinged-up tank tops for cheap (see here)
9. Watching  too much "Sons of Anarchy" is making me want join a motorcycle club. lol
10.  This is good to remember - "He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." - Raymond Hull

What have you learnt lately?

13 comments

  1. Don't you just love finding fab stuff for cheap, it's the best! I love that quote! I'm so going to steal it, perhaps as a FB status update? LOL! Hope you had a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pick and Pay tank tops! Bought a blinged out one, a lacy and embroidered one in diff colours. Love finding a 'wear it with anything' piece of clothing for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all for behaving like an obsessed fan -- that will be me this Friday :D

    Point 5 is so true! Sometimes we're trying to capture / record /share a moment... instead of just enjoying it ;)

    I have made some good finds at pick n pay clothing -- just yesterday I treated myself to a pretty long sleeved lace top from them :)

    (I have learnt -- from my comments above -- that I end sentences with emoticons instead of full stops :p

    Ah -- did it again!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY agree with you on points 5 & 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think I'll ever be ready for babies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a chocolate fountain is a wonderful investment. buy the best you can find, cos you're going to use it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Points 5 & 10..totally agree...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely list! i am so jealous that you saw Imogen Heap - lucky girl

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your lists.
    Number 5, I feel, is such a "rock and a hard space" dilemma never know what to do, snap or sit back and enjoy...

    Ps- Love PnP Clothing- just bought 2 very immature, BUT very comfortable Disney character sweaters, that Im dying to wear with jeans and Tommy tackies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful great thoughts. I have learned to be more open, adventurous, really joyful!!

    Love your site!

    Come and enter my amazing giveaway from Splenderosa!

    xoxo
    karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo a chocolate fountain...that'd be really cool. I wounder if I can rent one for a day? =) I love getting autographs. =)

    Melanie's Randomness

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....