Thursday, 2 June 2011

Products I'm using...

Here are my thoughts on eight of the beauty products I am using right now (some are regular buys and some I am just trying out for the first time)...

1. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (for face): This is definitely one of my most favourite products ever. The rice-based enzyme powder is perfect for exfoliating sensitive skin and always leaves my face feeling smoother.

2. Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter from The Body Shop: A lovely friend bought me some of this for my birthday recently and I am loving it. It's got a really fabulous smell and is quite thick -which I am liking, as I have dryer skin in winter.

3. Nesti Dante soap: This ridiculously awesome soap brand comes from Italy and is handcrafted. Every Nesti Dante soap I have tried smells amazing, but my favourite one has to be the Florentine Rose & Peony soap in the 'Romantica' collection. These soaps have such strong and lovely frangrances, that some of them just end up living in my closet and making everything smell awesome  (you can buy these locally at Woolworths for about R60 each)

4. Dermalogica Multivitamin power recovery mask: This is another one of my absolute favourite beauty products. 

5. Freeman pomegranate sugar body scrub: It smells good, but i am finding it a bit too coarse for my sensitive skin - So I just use a bit on a cloth and  it helps exfoliate away all the dead skin. Not sure if I would buy this one again.

6. Johnson's Dreamy Skin night cream for dry & sensitive skin: I am really liking this night cream its very rich, smells nice and is very affordable.

7. Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: this is a pre-blended tea tree oil that you can use directly on the skin (no diluting) . You can use it on cuts, scrapes and skin blemishes. I think tea tree oil is an definite must-have beauty essential.

8. Ahava Mineral Botanic Velvet Cream Wash: I have been using the Bamboo & Pansy one for 2 weeks and I can honestly say it's one of the creamiest body washes I have ever tried. Besides smelling good and being creamy, this body wash also contains no SLS / SLES or parabens (so its really skin friendly) 

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. I am finding that my forehead is getting really oily lately, and I use Oil of Olay moisturiser with SPF15 for normal and oily skin... Do you have any tips? I just bought a new moisturiser and not keen on wasting that money and buying a different brand in the hopes that it might work. It might be my hair that's making my forehead oily... i wash it every second day and stopped putting conditioner on my forehead because I noticed my skin was getting oilier as winter started to set in. Any advice would be great. Not sure what to do except wash my hair everyday, which is supposed to be a no, no...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy - hmm... Well since you dont want to spend alot I would maybe suggest that you try Neutrogena Oil-free moisture (with SPF 15). Try looking for Oil-free mositurisers.

    If you dont want to wash your hair so often, maybe try Dry shampoo sprays. I think Tresemme just brought out a range (it should be aviable at clicks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the Dermalogica Microexfoliant - best thing ever invented, last forever, worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice Jay. I will check out the dry shampoo. :) Hopefully it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! I also think the Frederic Fekkai beach hair spray is phenom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 is my absolute favorite product of all time!

    i have very sensitive - yet dry - skin, and was recommended to use the dermalogica body cloth exfoliator (it's like a big piece of scratchy blue fabric). you apply as much (or as little) pressure as you like, but it works really well and lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like the body butter. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Dermalogica! It is such a reliable brand. Everything I use it from there. The exfoliator is good but I am told I shouldn't use it cos of my 'dehydrated' skin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am an AHAVA Baby! Crazy about the Mineral Botanic Shower gel. Don't think I'll be able to use anything else again. :)

    Zet

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ body butters. I have a chocolate chip cookies one at the moment and my hubby says I smell like sweeties when I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a firm believer in Dermalogica!! Have used it for ages but stick to Clinique face wash as love the way it makes my skin feel!

    have a fab weekend!

    xoxo
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment - you know you want to ;)