Today the lovely, Cape Town based blogger Tarryn (from Glitter & Garbage ) will be sharing a few things from her bucket list - Enjoy...
1. Star in a film - When I was a kid, if you asked me what I’d be doing at 23 I’d probably have answered something like ‘getting ready to accept my Oscar’. But now that I have a more realistic view on life I’d settle for a local film, so long as it actually came on circuit not straight to DVD.
2. Own a pair of shoes that costs more than the average person’s rent - Preferably Louboutins. Of course, shoes like these belong in the walk-in closet I also plan to have.
3. Find and marry an Irishman - It’s the accent...
4. Travel on the Orient Express (the re-made one, unfortunately the original stopped running in 2009) - Try not to get roped into solving any murders along the way.
5. Conceptualize, art direct and style an editorial for a big fashion magazine - like Marie Claire or Elle.
6. Learn to surf - I’ve never been great at sport but I’ve always had unusually good balance; maybe surfing’s my hidden talent? Must get over fear of sharks and cold water first.
7. "Rough it" at a massive music festival like Glastonbury - Wear gumboots. Fall down in the mud.
8. Master cake baking - I don’t even like cake that much but it really frustrates me that I can’t bake a decent one. They always seem to sink in the middle or not rise properly.
9. Learn to sew - Because I love clothes and because I have a beautiful, barely-touched state of the art sewing machine. This is a sin.
10. Find some sort of focus - It’s not that I don’t know what to do with my life, it’s that I want to do too many different things. Both my mom and my grandfather (her dad) spent their lives career hopping. Maybe it’s in my blood.
Note: "On my bucket list..." is my current guest blogger series. Most weeks a lovely blogger will share things from their bucket list. to read other bucket lists, go HERE