Friday, 11 May 2012
10 things I learnt from my mother
above pic: Me (when I was 1 years old) and my pretty mom
1. Be weary of gossips-If someone gossips to you, they will probably gossip about you.
2. It is better to be honest and hurt someone, than to lie and save their feelings.
3. Use the "good" stuff now - Don't save your fancy clothes, candles, chocolates or crockery just for special occassions. Life is short, everyday is special.
4. Confidence and good posture are the most important accessories for any outfit.
5. Noone should ever be there to complete you, you need to be whole on your own.
6. Travel is essential. It will teach you more about yourself and the world.
7. While you are young, start exercising and eat healthy - It will make things a lot easier on you as you get older and your metabolism starts to slow down.
8. No relationship is ever perfect - but you shouldn't ever settle for an unhappy one.
9. Never be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions.
10. You will end up regretting the things you did NOT do far more than the things you did - you can never get a missed opportunity back, but you will hopefully learn from your mistakes.
Ps: Dear Mom (I know you will read this at some point), just wanted to tell you how much I love you. Thank you for constantly teaching me things, telling me the truth (even when i don't want to hear it) and always supporting me. Happy Mother's Day for Sunday.