A wintery weekend


Even though Cape Town is a much better summer city, I still really enjoy winter time here. I love how dramatic the sunsets are and how moody the ocean looks. I also like how a gloomy, rainy day can make me feel so deeply contemplative.

Today I thought I'd share a few photos that I took over this wintery weekend (all were taken with my phone and with a little help from Instagram): 

Pretty, but chilly, beach day

Boots at the beach (yup, it was that cold)
 
View of Table mountain from 'Sunset' beach

A lovely winter's sunset 

A paraglider flying by

A rather gloomy morning on the promenade

A random puddle full of trees and sky.



Are you a fan of winter?

14 comments

  1. i love the picture of the puddle- stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous pictures! I have never been to a beach during winter. I don't mind winter because I live in Louisiana and we have really mild ones.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last photo is the absolute best. Also I had winter in Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pics - looks like you had a great weekend :)

    hugs
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely pictures but it does look icy cold. Love the puddle reflection.
    I miss the cold rainy Cape winters. The Highveld winters have wonderful sunny days but it doesn't feel like winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning photos. This still looks sooo much better than the rainy summer in Dublin we're having..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! Especially the one of the puddle. Now I miss Cape Town! The Highveld is just dry, dull and cold during winter.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB pics - Cape Town is such a stunning city ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots - love Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. is that pic of the puddle upside down?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The puddle picture is really stunning! Not a fan of winter at all but sometimes.... just sometimes...you can find beauty in it! Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pictures! I can't believe that's what you see every day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty photos although i am def 100% over the cold weather now! :P Bring on summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....