Happy New Year!


Photo taken by me

I just want to take this opportunity to say Happy New Year to you all.  I truly hope the year ahead is wonderful for all of you and that it will be bigger & bolder than all the years before.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about  saying good-bye to 2013. Sure, there were some unforgettable moments I will always treasure (here is a video of all my travel highlights from 2013), but there were also some hard lessons and some heartbreaking moments I'd rather put behind me now  - In short I think last year truly taught me to intimately understand the phrase "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times". I have a strong feeling my 2014 will be a lot more happy and healthy... and I'm ready to embrace all the lessons the year ahead has to teach me. 

Anyway, here is one of my favourite advice quotes and a great message for the year ahead.....


“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. 
Make glorious, amazing mistakes. 
Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”
- Neil Gaiman

1 comment

  1. Wishing you a great year ahead! I adore Neil Gaiman's writing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....