Monday, 6 January 2014
Healthier chocolate milkshake
Lately I have become a little bit obsessed with smoothies, juices and getting healthier (new year, new you and all that), So I have been working out how to make healthier versions of a lot my favourite "junk" foods.
This is my current recipe for making a healthier alternative to the chocolate milkshake (which I love having) and It actually ended up being pretty darn good...
What you need:
* A blender
* A small amount of raw cashew and almond nuts
* Organic Cacao powder (I add about 4 heaped tablespoons)
* At least half a cup of plain yogurt (preferably organic)
* 1 to 2 Bananas (optional, but adds to texture and taste)
* A tablespoon or three of honey
* Water or a bunch of ice (depending on how cold or thick you want it)
What to do:
Throw it all in a blender and blend until nice and smooth - easy peasy.
* Notes - For lactose intolerant peeps, I would suggest using some almond milk. Also, I've heard chia seeds and cinnamon can help add some cool flavours to a Cacao smoothie..