Viva, Las Vegas


 view of the Strip from the Bellagio


Las Vegas is only a 4 hour drive away from California - So, me and a few friends decided to roadtrip there and stay for 2 days.

Vegas is so many things.... crazy, weird, over the top, oppulent, sleazy, fun, exciting and interesting (just a few words that instantly come to mind). One thing Las Vegas is never is boring. there is always something to do, no matter what the time is.

This trip, I stayed in the Mirage Hotel. which is located right in the centre of the ever-growing Las Vegas Strip. Every Hotel on the strip has its own attractions and this one has dolphins and a great, tropical pool area (perfect for the desert heat)

 The Mirage Hotels pool

One thing thats cool to do when you are in Vegas, is to visit some of the other hotels on the strip. This trip we visited quite a few, including some of the most iconic ones (Caesars Palace & The Bellagio).

View of the Strip from the Mandarin Oriental hotel's bar
 Inside The Venetian Hotel

 A small part of the Vegas strip at night

One thing I have wanted to do for a while is visit the Las Vegas Neon Museum and this trip I finally got to.

As the website states " The Neon Museum campus includes the outdoor exhibition space known as the Neon Boneyard, a visitors’ center housed inside the former La Concha Motel lobby and the Neon Boneyard North Gallery which houses additional rescued signs and is available for weddings, special events, photo shoots and educational programs. "

I was most interested in viewing the Neon Boneyard, which is only available to view if you a book a one hour guided tour (which has limited availablity). We managed to get a 8am slot, which we moaned about a little  - but turned out to be a good idea in the desert heat.

The tour itself was very educational, interesting and absolutely worth the price. The signs were amazing to see and its hard to believe how much Vegas keeps changing and growing. The Boneyard is a photographers dream too... I got ridiculously snap happy and took about 100 photos. Here are just a few of the photos I took.....

 me,  getting very excited about all the signs

 
 

All in all, I really like Las Vegas... You cannot get bored there and there is always something new to see (no matter how many times you go).Will I be going again? I hope so.

No comments

Leave me a comment....