The Shortmarket Club


I finally got to have dinner at The Shortmarket Club (the swanky Cape Town restaurant, by chef Luke Dale-Roberts) and it did not disappoint.

The vibe.... The atmosphere is pretty relaxed - with an open kitchen and bar area greeting you as you step in. The overall decor vibe is modern with a 1920's twist. The main dining area (aka where you want to be) is very impressive with its "butterfly wall", high ceilings and minimilistic table settings.


The service... From the moment my friend Karisa and I walked in, we were greeted with smiles and fantastic service. The waiters seemed to really know their stuff and everyone genuinely seemed helpful and friendly (which is not always the case in Cape Town eateries).

 

The Food... While a bit on the pricey side, the food was mostly amazing. I would highly recommend that you try the raw market fish or trout tataki for starter and the chestnut & fynbos roasted petit poussin for main course (all three were absolutely great). Oh and if you need to choose a sauce for any meat dish there, I can 100% guarantee that the Cafe au Lait sauce is completely yum (get it, thank me later). You can check out the full menu and all pricing HERE


Overall the whole experience was very good. Its an impressive date spot and a lovely place to meet up with friends/family for a fancier dinner or lunch. I will definitely be going back to try more from the menu.

The Shortmarket Club, 88 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town - +27 021 447 28 74

No comments

Leave me a comment....