Beauty favourites - May 2018



1. BB Cream (original) by Garnier - I recently re-discovered this product and I still love it for a few reasons: It's not too drying (I suffer with dry skin, so this is a must). It has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15. It's gives natural, lightweight coverage and helps even out skin tone. It's also very affordable (always a bonus). You can find it at Clicks, Woolworths and Dischem.

2. Butter Blush in 'natural glow' by Physicians Formula - I'm not even gonna to lie, I mainly use this blush for it's "I just came from the beach" smell (the delicious scent has something to do with the fact that this blush is infused with a powerful blend of Murumuru butter, Cupuaca butter and Tucuma butter). Its a very light, pearly peach shade and gives a subtle glow to skin (I use it and then use a more rosey blush over it). This product is also Paraben free, cruelty free, hypoallergenic, oil free and dermatologist tested.

3. Intense Moisture Balance by Dermalogica - This is probably the one product I use every day without fail (besides my toothpaste). Having dry & sensitive skin, I really need a ultra rich face moisturizer and this is by far one of the best I have tried. Dermalogica is not a cheaper brand (this sells for about R1300 for 100ml), but I feel ones face it is well worth the investment.

4. 'Browsability' eyebrow pencil and highlighter duo by Sorbet - I'm big into eyebrow pencils lately, so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this affordable duo. The pencil works well, covers perfectly and the highlighter is fantastic for using on my brow arch.

5.  Camouflage full coverage concealer by Essence - This is a total bargain buy (it's R55!) and it works well for hiding little imperfections - especially dark rings under my eyes on the tired days.

6. Multivitamin Power Recover Masque by Dermalogica - This amazing mask is from Dermalogica's Age Smart range and I can't even say enough good things about it. When my skin feels dull and stressed out, this mask really helps revive it. I try use it at least 3 times a month.

7.  Naked 2 Basics eyeshadow palette by Urban Decay - This is a great, every day palette. The 6 neutral, taupe -hued colours are matte and easy to blend together.

8. Le Volume De Chanel mascara (waterproof) - Currently I am loving this mascara. After a few lash coats it build a nice volume and stays put all day (though I admit, its not the easiest mascara to remove).

9. Double Wear stay-in- place eye liner (in 02 Coffee) by Estee Lauder - This water-resistant eye liner is great. It stays on well, is quite creamy (rock hard eyeliners are awful to me) and has a smudger on the other end of pencil (which is handy).

No comments

Leave me a comment....