My wedding day


I got married! So, I thought I should share a few photos & details about the celebration with y'all (Just a heads up, it's going to be a long one)...


The first big thing we had to do was find the "right" kind of venue for an intimate, formal wedding day and set a date.

After looking online a lot, and viewing a couple places, Sergio and I were both sold on using Casa Labia (which is located in Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa) as our venue for a few reasons:

1. It was close to home (which meant less hassle when visiting venue and a lot less stress on the day)
2. Casa Labia did all the food catering on site (as they have a restaurant)
3. It was a smaller venue - which was great, as we only wanted 40 to 50 people on the guest list.
4. It already had ridiculously beautiful decor and had a look we both loved. Here is what their website says about it: "Built in 1929 to reflect the spirit of 18th century Venice, Casa Labia is the former Muizenberg residence of Count and Countess Natale Labia." 

After we had decided on the venue, a lot of other things started to fall into place a bit more easily. We set our date for 7 April (as it was just out of the heat of summer).


For our day I chose the colour scheme of 'blush pinks, gold and white' (which worked with the venues existing decor). I wanted to keep the decor simple & elegant, as the surroundings were very ornate already.

I used gold "Tiffany" chairs, gold table vases, gold candles and gold under-plates. The only colour on the tables was provided by the flowers and the menus & place cards (which had small flowers on them)

*All flowers by Bouwer Flowers - Stationary was by Secret Diary*


I had 3 close friends as my bridesmaids (my oldest friend was the 'Maid of Honour' bridesmaid). I wanted my bridesmaids to feel comfortable on the day, so I asked them all to pick long dresses that they liked and that were as close to a blush pink colour as possible. 

I really loved the fact that the dresses didn't match each other, but worked perfectly with the colour scheme. The only thing that matched were their necklaces, which I bought on a recent trip to America. 

 * Hair by Fringe Salon - Makeup was by Bianka Hartenstein *

Sergio had 2 groomsmen, both close friends of his. The guys all wore dark navy suits by Country Road, blush pink ties, white shirts, brown shoes (groom's were from Ecco) and brown belts. We got fun, Mexican-inspired socks from Feat Sock Co. (Sergio is Mexican/American, so that's the relevance of that).


 Surprisingly it didn't take me too long to find my wedding dress. I knew I wanted a Ivory/champagne dress, with lace detail, and I wanted it to be A-line - So, when I saw this Enzoani dress, I was smitten. The drop waist was a bit challenging as I wanted a bit more definition at the waistline, but this didn't worry me enough to find another dress. After 4 fittings, the dress fitted perfectly. I chose a mid-length, rough edge veil (in ivory) to go with it.

I actually bought a pair of shoes months before the wedding day - but, as the day approached, I found them way too uncomfortable to wear. Thankfully I found a pair of comfy, gold heels a few days before my wedding (pictured above, from Truworths). I wore the heels down the aisle, then I switched them out for a pair of crystal- encrusted sandals for the rest of the night.

I kept my jewellery very minimal and only wore my rings and a pair of rose gold plated earrings.

I especially bought new perfume for the day. I had always owned the same Chanel perfume (Chance), but I wanted to try a new scent for the day -  So, i got a bottle of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle intense. It was a great choice and I now love it even more because it reminds me of the day.

*Dress was by Enzoani from The Wedding Boutique  - Bouquet by Bouwer Flowers
 * Hair by Fringe Salon - Makeup was by Bianka Hartenstein *


We were so very lucky to have fantastic weather on the day. My dad walked me down the aisle, as a string duet played the song 'A Thousand Years' (originally sung by Christina Perri).

The ceremony was performed by a pastor, who is a family friend. It was a simple and not too long (we really didn't want a long drawn out ceremony). We said vows (which were modernized, but not written ourselves), exchanged rings, signed the registry and then got showered with white rose petals. It was really lovely.


After all the congratulatory hugs and a lot of photo time, we finally got to sit down to hear speeches and eat dinner. After many toasts and delicious food, we headed to the dance floor for our first dance, which was to "Stand by Me" by Florence & The Machine

Then the dessert table opened and I finally got to see our wedding cake (we opted not to do a traditional cake cutting - which turned out to be a good thing, as we had way too much dessert). The stunning, buttercream cake was made by Sweet Lionheart

Honestly, the rest of the night was a blur of dancing, drinking and photo booth silliness (Yes, we had a photo booth and it was so worth it!)


It really was a wonderful, dare I say, almost perfect wedding (ok, I may be biased). My only issue was that the day went by way too fast.....

I am so absolutely grateful for all the wonderful photos we have to help us remember it. Biggest thanks to Thunder and Love Photography for all the photos (all the photos in this post are by them) and for being fantastic.


Hope you enjoyed seeing and reading about my wedding day.

If you'd like to read my "10 things I learnt from planning my wedding" click HERE

No comments

Leave me a comment....