Lunch at La Petite Ferme


Recently I went to La Petite Ferme for lunch and it was truly exceptional.

The wine estate ,which also includes a restaurant and luxury accommodation, overlooks the Franschhoek valley and has the most breathtaking views.

The restaurant

Modern and simple, the restaurant is positioned to take in the view from every angle. There are fireplaces for the colder months and an outside seating area for summer.

The staff was wonderful. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly, knowledgeable and upbeat.

I could imagine spending a whole afternoon just sipping wine on the terrace until the sun sets.


The food

The restaurant has a sustainable menu - which means that the food on offer has been sourced locally and is in-season. 

I cannot say enough good things about the food here -  It was all delectable, well presented and the portions were well sized for me and my husband (aka Sergio).

For starters I had the baked camembert, which was utterly more-ish (order it and thank me later). For mains we had the Franschhoek trout (yum) and the beef rib special (which was man sized - see below pic of Sergio's delighted face). And finally for dessert we had the chocolate mousse and warm malva pudding (both were delicious).

Note: We also finished a bottle of La Petite Ferme's Sauvignon Blanc (2017) and it was so good we bought a few bottles before we left.


The overall culinary experience was wonderful and we will definitely be back to eat there again.

La Petite Ferme is a beautiful place and  is an ideal setting for any special lunch date. I highly recommend you go there, if you haven't already.


To make a booking or to read more about La Petite Ferme visit their website HERE


Please note: This was a complimentary lunch - but all opinions and thoughts are my own. 

No comments

Leave me a comment....