O Captain, my Captain

Dead Poets Society is a film no DVD collection should be without (well, in my opinion). This 1989 classic film, starring Robin Williams, was not only brilliant but it made "Carpe diem" a catch phrase and I am sure it encouraged lots of people to read poetry again. I can honestly say i watched my VHS copy over 20 times :)

One of my favourite scenes in Dead Poets Society is the one where all the guys stand on their desks...It tugged on all the heart strings. If you are lost and dont know what i am talking about - go and rent the movie. You will probably love it!

I'll leave you with this truly great quote for the day (It is also featured in this movie but in fewer words) :

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life......"
Extract from Walden or Life in the Woods
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 – 1862)

1 comment

  1. thanks very inspired
    i had trouble taking a snapshot of everyone standing on desktops...and i can see im not the only one standing

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....