What would you do if I sang out of tune?

Today I was thinking alot about my childhood and how much life changes as you grow up.....These thoughts sparked off a memory of one of my favourite TV series while i was growing up. The series was filled with so many life lessons, so much wisdom and had the best theme song.....Oh yes people I am talking about "The Wonder Years".

The Wonder years ran from 1988 to 1993. I dont think there ever been another tv series quite like it....Here are some great, memorable quotes from the series (all about growing up):

-"Things never turn out exactly the way you planned. I know they didn't with me. Still, like my father used to say, 'Traffic's traffic, you go where life takes you' and growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next you're gone, but the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a time a place, a particular fourth of July, the things that happened in that decade of war and change. I remember a house like a lot of houses, a yard like a lot of yards, on a street like a lot of other streets. I remember how hard it was growing up among people and places I loved. Most of all, I remember how hard it was to leave. And the thing is, after all these years I still look back in wonder "

- "Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up."

- "When you're a little kid you're a bit of everything; Scientist, Philosopher, Artist. Sometimes it seems like growing up is giving these things up one at a time".

4 comments

  1. OMG i love love love that show. thanks for the trip down memory lane... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I know..such an awesome show...I must get it on DVD.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is tooo ironic! I was just talking about that show at dinner the night before last. My family and I were trying to remember what it was called. I have a ton of memories watching that show growing up too. :) I appreciated the pictures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom and I always watched the Wonder Years, they just don't make great shows like that anymore! I'm so happy I ran across your blog somehow and I love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....