Dark knight, darker Joker

The Joker: ....Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos, Harvey? It's fair.

I finally went to see The Dark Knight last night. Let me just start off by saying I did go in with high expectations, with all the hype and tragedy surrounding this film how could I not have. Thankfully the movie did not dissapoint me, it was absolutely brilliant.

From the moment it began I realised that the Dark Knight was not going to be a "child friendly" film. This film makes the previous Joker look cartoonish and amusing . The best way I can explain the difference is: If Jack Nicholson's Joker danced with the devil in the pale moonlight, Heather Ledgers Joker would have been the devil.

Shocking, disturbing, twisted, insane, psychotic, sick....there are so many words to describe the Joker in the film. His perfomance was brilliant. Ledger completely tranformed himself into the insane joker. I struggled to recognise Ledger under the smeared makeup, scarred grin and wicked expressions.

The all star cast was very impressive. Christian Bale was once again a great choice for Batman. Aaron Eckhart was ok as the upstanding Harvey Dent and later the vengeful Two-face. Heath Ledger was oscar-worthy. I was, however, surprised that Maggie Gyllenhaal was chosen as the female lead.

The movie didn't have the ending I expected (or wanted), but it had the ending the film had to have....a dark one.

1 comment

  1. Hi
    Service for tourists

    I offer to take care of your needs from arrival to departure: taxi, accommodation and such.

    By Swami’s grace I’ll do this with great happiness.

    Therefore I ask you kindly to forward this message to friends who are due to visit India & SATHYA SAI BABA in Puttaparthi.

    Thank you for your kind cooperation.


    Name of office Shanthi net cafe

    Name of owner Ch. Krishna

    Phone +91 8555 287625

    Mobile phone +91 9490540659

    E-mail address kristhyan2002@yahoo.com
    touristorganizer@gmail.com

    I sow your blog looks very nice with beautiful pitchers. Maybe if you like to visit my blog check here http://saiyathra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....