Clock watching

Have you ever had one of those days when you feel.......

* Totally uninspired to do anything but google random words that pop into your head
* convinced that someone has messed with all the clocks in your office because time is moving impossibly slow
* Sure that your company has switched all the coffee to decaf
* Your keyboard starts to look like a perfect head rest
* That you need to comfort eat – so you eat all your “emergency” snacks in your desk drawer.
* That the only thing you want to do with the papers on your desk is make paper planes and fly them into the trash
* That continuing to "pretend smile" is making your face hurt
* The ringing of your work phone is the most annoying sound you have ever heard
* that today would have been a great day for someone to switch the water in the water cooler to Vodka.

Well....I am having one of those days (grrrrr). I feel sleepy and generally unenthusiastic. I wish I could write more on my blog today, but that would require effort and today I can’t even fake it

I cant wait for christmas holidays!
.
.
(PS -if you recognise this post, its because I posted something very similar in July. I decided to "recycle" some of it - Just doing my bit for the blogland enviroment.heehee)

16 comments

  1. On days like those I take an extra long lunch break and go shopping! Even buying a magazine cheers me up.... spending money is my ultimate catharsis. You need to find something to bring back the joie de vivre hun.

    If all else fails, count down the minutes.... it's painful but still brings you closer to the end of a shit day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, hell yes! today is one of those manic mondays but no ennnnnneerrrrrrggggeeeeeyyyyyy!! argh!! *as i look at the clock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - some days are really like that! Get out into the fresh air for a while, or take a power nap.. might help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had too many of those days in the past...I feel your pain. It's just cruel in this world that we have to work and feel that way. Thankfully...working for my hubby means that I no longer feel like that. It's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it IS one of those days! Doesn't help that my job REQUIRES me to answer the damn phone when it rings either... sigh.. well I better go repeat my prayer.

    I swear I was one of your followers.. but all is good I found you again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeeees!!!!
    Isn't it amazing that these sort of days walways seem...to.........drag....................on!
    ARGH!!
    Hopefully tomorrows coffee will be caffeinated witha splash of whiskey ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Thank you for my comment - I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can I recycle yours and use it on mine.....feeling the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it is SO one of those days for me, too!! Hopefully yours ends soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have emergency snacks? What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a LOT of days like that. And I always eat all my snacks. No willpower when I am bored.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine hasn't been a long day but a long week and it just started.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh definitely! i spent many hours at work googling random crap just to see what kind of images i can find....

    ReplyDelete
  14. You said it just switch work to school. I just have no motivation to do anything today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So with you! I am tempted to borrow a lighter and set fire to the paperwork on my desk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA HA HA!!! Wow I have been there many times before. At one of my previous jobs, I kept getting ignored for promotions, while I watched new hires that were NOT any more qualified than me get promoted. Eventually, my days at the office were JUST like this. Every day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....