Monday, 9 February 2015
10 Things I learnt recently
photo by me
- You teach people how to treat you. Teach respect.
- If someone really wants you in their lives, they will make an effort to make you a part of it (and it won’t feel like an effort to them)
- Good friends tell you the truth, even when you wish they wouldn’t.
- People do not call each other enough anymore – it’s something I really want to start doing a lot more.
- ‘Spiced pumpkin’ Yankee candles make me think of winter holidays I’ve never had.
- The real risk is doing nothing.
- Sometimes it’s better to have swiped right, and lost, then never to have swiped at all
- I’m absolutely obsessed with the sushi and white chocolate martinis at Sevruga restaurant (at the V& A waterfront) – If I could eat there every day, I probably would.
- Broken hearts suck, but you learn a lot from them. HERE is a list of lessons we should all have learnt from our heartbreaks.
- This is really good advice: 'If you have to force it, just leave it alone.. Relationships, friendships, ponytails... Just leave it.’ - Reyna Biddy